Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My mercedez c300 won t start it kept saying" remove

Customer Question

my mercedez c300 won t start it kept saying " remove ignigtion key " when i try to start it nothing happen
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This in allot of cases can be due to a faulty key needing replaced and in other cases if the key is o.k. the electronic ignition switch (EIS) itself at fault needing replaced.The first thing to check or do here is make sure this isnt a weak/dead battery causing this fault needing jump started,recharged or replaced.If this is found to be o.k. if you have a second key try it and if it works then your first key needs replaced.If you do not have a second key or if the vehicle acts up the same with the second key then I suspect the electronic ignition switch needs replaced to correct this fault here.

Most common is usually the key or the switch,this would need checked/tested further to locate which is the cause needing replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete