MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Have 08 smart good comp good coils good plugs new temp

Customer Question

Have 08 smart good comp good coils good plugs new temp sensor .still have miss in #1cyl when hot if you can get it there cleans up and runs better .when cools back to same prob
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me how many miles are on the engine? Is there any smoke from the tailpipe? Did you do the compression test on a cold and hot engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comp is good not burning oil problem is electrical my scanner is coming up with no codes pertaa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pertaining to this car ,,crank sensor ?? Cleaned all grounds and connections to comp,code now is saying air temp sensor ,erased it run it home 7 kilos ran perfect shut it off no restart until cold ran good the went into what seemed as limp mode would not pull itself ,
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

It may have an air flow sensor that is failing intermittently or you may have a vacuum leak. Have these been checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried all that ,thought maybe a mech from Mercedes might be able to give me an idea of something I didn't do,! So far my son has gone far beyond any info I've gotten here so I guess I will have to figure this out on my own ,really guys when you're talking to a 30 year veteran to the trade I figured I would get something of use not high school responses !!!
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

I have to start with the basics. I am sorry if you felt like this was high school level information. I don't know where to start unless you tell me where you are with it. Good luck. I will opt out of the question.