MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My car was on a slop and ran up on the curb to the front of

Customer Question

My car was on a slop and ran up on the curb to the front of my car while I was parking. The bottom of the bumper got mess up and I saw antifreeze coming from the tube but then I stopped. My question is can jumping the curb destroy the radiator, fan, fan belt, pulley, upper and lower bracket?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response. From hitting the curb with the front of the car going the speed that you would have been while parking should not have damaged all of these parts. The bottom of the radiator could have been damaged and maybe the lower support bracket but that should be all. The other items that you listed sit pretty high up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for not responding thanks for responding. I thought the same thing you said no way the upper portion could get such damage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was only parking the car and the car is higher than the curb so how could the fan and the other upper stuff get damaged