MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My car has several scratches in the on the passenger side.

Customer Question

My car has several scratches in the wood on the passenger side. Is there any way to eliminate the scratches
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car is a 2012 s550. It has several deep scratches that stares at you when you sit in the passenger seat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to destroy the entire finish of the wood. Just want to remove the deep scratches.
Expert:  Philip Dunne replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for contacting us. Depending on how deep the scratches are you may be able to buff them out of the clear coat with some buffing compound and some elbow grease. If its gone straight through to the wood then the repair will be more extensive. It will probably be easier to replace the panel. they will pop off with a plastic wedge.