Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have removed my ignition key tumbler,and the electric part

Customer Question

I have removed my ignition key tumbler,and the electric part and now i need to remove the steering lock. i intend to change the whole thing,how do i remove the steering lock..? i need total instructions to remove it,drill it cut it you tell me please I
must get this thing off tomorrow! you have attached nothing ? i see nothing
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I posted this yesterday to one of your other questions. You don't drill the lock you actually have to cut the lock in half in order to remove it. I've attached a video below. Once you cut the lock in half you will need to pull back on the lock bar so you can extract the pin that holds the lock into the steering column. I use a mini sawzall to cut through the lock.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for my help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVWKo2XF1fo

Marty