MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

1990 MERCEDES BENZ 500SL W129-- I HAVE REPLACED THE GEAR IN

Customer Question

1990 MERCEDES BENZ 500SL W129-- I HAVE REPLACED THE GEAR IN THE WIPER TRANSMISSION. AS I WAS REMOVING THE CONNECTER FROM THE WIPER MODULE THE PLASTIC DISINTEGRATED LEAVING ME WITH 5 WIRES AND NO IDEA WHERE THEY GO.THE COLOR OF THE WIRES IS AS FOLLOWS ;- GREEN / BLACK / YELLOW / WHITE / BROWN.
THE CONNECTER CONFIGURATION WHEN LOOKING AT IT IS AS FOLLOWS ;- LEFT SIDE IS A WIRE PLUG STILL IS INTACT THAT COMES FROM THE CAR. THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PLUG IS AS FOLLOWS;- (TOP) TERMINAL / BLANK / TERMINAL
(BOTTOM) TERMINAL / TERMINAL / TERMINAL
#2- WHEN REINSTALLING SYSTEM AT WHAT HOUR OF THE CLOCK SHOULD THE SHAFT BE POINTED AT? (SHAFT WHERE THE WIPER BLADE ATTACHES)
#3- JUST FOR THE FUTURE - THE MOTOR HAS 60,000 MILES ON IT- WHEN SHOULD THE TIMING BELTS BE CHANGED??
LARRY***
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Larry, my name is***** you send me a picture of the front and back of the connector?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT IS THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WHERE I SHOULD SEND YOU THE PICTURES?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You can upload them here to this question by clicking on the paper clip.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DO NOT SEE ANY PAPER CLIP. THIS IS BECOMING VERY COMPLICATED , PLEASE GIVE ME AN E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT I MAY SEND THE PICTURES ETC.
LARRY K
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

There is an additional service fee for private email contact. I'll send the service offer over at the minimum fee.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Larry they sent me an email saying you still needed help on this. I gave up on you since I saw you had opened a new question with Lou. Let me know if you would like to continue or close this question.

Marty