Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

My display panel lights went out, i also have a false

Customer Question

My display panel lights went out, i also have a false reading of emergency brake light on,(it is not) temp of 185F when the car is first started (false reading which causes my override fan to run constantly) and my wipers don't work....this all happened at the same time.....any help is welcomed...Diana
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Diana, my name is***** of these items are controlled by way of the front signal acquisition module (SAM). It sounds like the module may have failed. It's not unusual for water to find it's way into the module and short things out. With so many unrelated symptoms a shorted module is the most likely problem. You will need to get the car to a Mercedes specialist to check and replace the module.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty