Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

2004 amg battery is fine, alarm went off and car will not

Customer Question

2004 amg battery is fine, alarm went off and car will not start
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** is not a lot of information here to go on. Does the car crank but not start or does it not crank at all. If it does not crank at all? I would try disconnecting the battery cables and joining the two cable ends together for a few minutes then reconnect them to the battery and see if the car will crank. Next step would be to test for power to the starter motor to see if the starter is faulty. If the car cranks but does not start I would test for spark from the ignition system and fuel pressure to the fuel rail. A faulty crankshaft sensor or fuel pump are some of the possibilities. More information is needed and more testing will need to be performed in order to pinpoint the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty