Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2007 E350 Mercedes and the passenger side headlight

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2007 E350 Mercedes and the passenger side headlight has began to flicker, I don't think it is the headlight itself is badd as it has been doing it for a week now and I figured a loose filamanet would flicker if bumped or burn out completly. I am thinking ballast but have heard there are many different headlight options that year.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** you have the Xenon headlamps this problem will usually be caused by a faulty bulb. The Xenon lamps do not have filaments. If you post your vin number I can tell you which system you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My VIN is WDBUF56X97B132494
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I just turned in for the night. I'll reply back with the information first thing tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Marty. You were gonna get back to me regarding my question.
Clay
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Clay, sorry for not getting back to you today I had a busy Monday at work. Your car has the Xenon headlamps. I would swap the bulb to the other side to diagnose this problem. If the same bulb flickers when installed on the other side you will need to replace the bulb. If the flickering remains on the passenger side you will need to replace the Xenon lamp control unit. The car uses a D1S bulb or part number 910139-000002. The bulb and the igniter are sold together. The control unit is part number 211 870 55 85.

Let me know if you have any questions. Kindly rate my service when you are done.

Marty