Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician
Experience:  Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician
37243545

Was trying to replace the the electrical plug on a customers

Customer Question

Was trying to replace the the electrical plug on a customers 2000 C240 & one of the pins on the inside piece broke off. looking to see if I can drop the pan & replace that pig tail
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 1 year ago.

You have to replace the conductor plate on the valve body. You have to drop the pan, then loosen the 10 bolts on the valve body and it will drop down (electrical plug housing removed). Then you can replace the conductor plate on top of the valve body where the "pig tail" pins are. Here is a link to one for sale on ebay if interested, if not, at least it is a good picture. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Transmission-Conductor-Plate-Connector-Filter-Gasket-KIT-for-Mercedes-Benz-/301575561790?hash=item46374de23e:g:R-YAAOSwv0tVFOm-&vxp=mtr

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask before you rate me, thanks!