Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My Mercedes (E320) WDBT41B34739 (2002 or 2003) is locked up.

Customer Question

My Mercedes (E320) WDBT41B34739 (2002 or 2003) is locked up. I cannot start it with the key and the steering wheel will not turn or the trunk will not open to get my manual.
PLEASE HERLP
Ian Maitland
Harbor Oregon(541) 412- 1200
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a weak/dead battery issue.I have seen the battery fail like this before causing this issue here.The battery is located in the trunk area on the passenger side.Use the metal key blade from your electronic key to insert into the trunk cylinder to rotate and open the trunk manually.The key blade is usually part of the key ring on your electronic key and their should be a slide lock on the top of the key to release the key blade.Once inside the trunk then I would try either a jump start on the battery or a re charge to see if this then allows starting and operation of the vehicle.I would then have the battery and alternator tested to see if one is faulty needing replaced as you may have a weak/faulty battery needing changed out.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.