Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

My e300d year 1997 diesel does not start and it is not the

Customer Question

my e300d year 1997 diesel does not start and it is not the battery. the dealer changed all the fuel lines thinking that they were infitrated by air through cracks, but still it does not star. could it be the fuel pump
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** fuel pump or the fuel shut off valve could be the problem. The dealer technician should try starting the motor using a starting spray. If there is a lot of air in the fuel lines it will be almost impossible to get it running. Using the starting spray to run the motor will give the fuel system a chance to bleed. The fuel shut off valve should be checked to be sure it is working. The overvoltage protection relay and the fuses in the overvoltage protection relay should also be checked. A bad crankshaft position sensor can also cause a no start on the diesel.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty