FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

Matt. I have a 2005 mercedes ml350. The abs light, check

Customer Question

Hello matt. I have a 2005 mercedes ml350. The abs light, check engine light came on. The brakes seem fine. I had auto zone do a check and nothing showed on abs. They found and said exhaust recirculation flow and egr valve during the check. Also i have changed the gas cap once and might be faulty again. I want to sell my car but dont know at this point what to do. Honestly i try to do things myself but cant sell if lights are on. Hopefully you can give me some insight on this problem
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you give me the code numbers that they received from the computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know code numbers
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I assumed that they had a code if they came up with an EGR failure. Also the check engine light does not come on without setting a code unless there is a computer issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok auto parts did test. They didnt tell me code. They told me they got info of exhaust gas recirculation flow, and egr valve, and clean transfer tube. But there was no sighn of abs or brake problem. I just thought id get a. Clue with this site. I just not sure what to do since i fix, or try to myself. Thanks all the same. It was only 20. 00 and wont be doing or recommending to anyone!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to know if that would set off the abs light and check engine light i guess?? So thats all, just alittle direction.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Typically for them to both come on at the same time it would take something like a speed sensor. It is fairly rare for them to both come on at the same time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more question please. Would evr valve and or faulty gas cap make the lights come on.? Thank you for your help!!
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

That wouldn't cause the ABS light to be on also.