Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Windshield won't turn off on my 06 R500. Any ideas? Some

Customer Question

Windshield won't turn off on my 06 R500. Any ideas?
Some background info. There was some heavy rains and due to clogged drains we had some water come into the car both through the blower motor compartment and through the ceiling. had some initial issues withe AC but they appear to have resolved. While driving home today the electrical system went nutty (brake light and battery light came on on dashboard, wipers came on. I pulled over and tried to turn the car off but it wouldn't even with the key out of the ignition and I also noticed the headlights we dimmed and fluttering. When I got home I checked everything and found water in the battery compartment. I've checked everything and so far all the issues appear to have resolved except for the windshield wipers which just won't come off.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** wipers are activated by the front SAM unit. The SAM is located under the right front seat. Most likely water has found it's way into the front SAM as well. I've attached a picture below.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please remember to rate my service when you are done.

Marty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I resolve this?I guess the easiest to start with is what fuse do I pull to kill the wipers?
And then how do I fix the issue/start troubleshooting?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

First you need to access the SAM and confirm that it is wet. It might fix itself if it dries out. Otherwise you will need to replace the front SAM. Fuse 100 in the fuse and relay box located at the right front of the engine compartment is for the wiper motor.