Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

The CD and navigation system stop working....

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This fault here can be due to an internal electrical fault with the command/radio unit itself.I have seen several of these fail in the past before needing replaced to correct this type of fault here.One thing you can try is to locate the fuses for it and remove it/them for about 5 minutes then reinstall it.If the cd player and navigation then start to operate then it may be o.k. from here.If this does not work next the fault codes will need checked in all computers using a scan tool/computer that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set can be diagnosed to locate and correct the fault here.

I have seen the command unit as the most common cause needing reset or reprogrammed by a dealer or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.