Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I had a flat tire, and noticed that two of my tires needed

Customer Question

I had a flat tire, and noticed that two of my tires needed to be replaced. I have all the same size tires, but two different brands. I did not get the tire replaced at a mercedes benz dealership, just a hole in the wall place that had my tire. After that I took it to another place to ensure it was balanced correctly. Ever since then I have a rough ride and my ESP light switches on and off at least once a day.....any idea whats going on?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** the difference between the 2 new tires and the 2 old tires is too much it could cause the wheel speed signals from each wheel to be illogical to the control unit and cause this problem. You should get the car connected to a Mercedes tester to read out the fault codes stored in the traction control module. If you have wheel speed plausibility fault codes the other 2 tires will most likely need to be replaced. A faulty wheel speed sensor could also cause the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

HI, I'm just following up with you on this question. Was my answer helpful?

Marty