Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Sorry late response but i did give you 5 stars. I try the

Customer Question

Sorry for a late response but i did give you 5 stars. I try the block sealant and notice that the steam from the exhaust went away which is a good sign. My dad drove the car this morning to work and did perfect and the heat was blowing warm like it should
but coming home the temp rose to about 110 and then went back down to operating temperatures while at the same time the heat was blowing cold the whole time. Im thinking it might be air pockets or a bad thermostat but not sure. If it is air pockets how will
i bleed the system? Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it might be a sticky thermostat now becaues just drove it and did the same thing got to 110 and immediately went down to normal and stayed there the whole just like my dad said earlier
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, if the thermostat was stuck you would still have great heat. If your heat is going cold you are probably still getting combustion into the cooling system which will create air pockets. The sealant may have helped but probably has not totally sealed the leaking head gasket. The cooling system is self bleeding. I would suggest having the cylinder leakage test performed to check for combustion entering the cooling system.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah someone was telling about the heat going ice cold at times said it could be the heater valve and when i looked at the heater valve it does look in really rough shape
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just curious i just got the Mercedes benz coolant in the white jug and it doesn't say if it concentrate or 50/50 do you which one it is?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the wait I was away yesterday. The Mercedes coolant is full strength.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in with you. Do you need anymore help with this one?