Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2010 mercedes mlk350 with and codes 5399 5122 and 5120

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing to do here if you can is clear out/erase the codes to see which codes come back again on start up or when running.In some cases the codes may have been a one time fluke meaning may have set with a low voltage issue or another issue at one point and may not be an issue that would need diagnosed and repaired.If the codes have already been cleared and these are what came back again or if there is a running or driving issue with the codes here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The codes are cleared and the ones I listed in the original question come back.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Is the engine running poorly with this issue or the transmission acting up at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No runs fine
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,looking through my info on some of the code info here this looks like a possible fault with wiring or wiring connection at the transmission or an issue with the transmission control module/valve body itself in the transmission as this is a common fault for this model here.Unfortunately in order to pinpoint the fault here the codes will need diagnosed which will usually require a dealers sds machine and some special test equipment to pinpoint the fault.But these are the common issues for codes like this here.