MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

1999 Mercedes Benz clk 320:when I accelerate suddenly the

Customer Question

1999 Mercedes Benz clk 320:when I accelerate suddenly the engine rattles and thick gray or blue smoke come from the exhaust. the smoking at continue for say ten minutes or so.then stop. i do not see any smoking when i am otherwise driving unless i exceed 65 mph. then it would rattle and smoke. Can you tell me why this happens?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on when the problem is occurring?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the check engine light does not come on when that happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at least i have not notice it to come on believe i would have though if it did.Forgot to mention that the car also loses power the second that occurs..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already paid for an answer back on the 26 October 2015. don't understand What going on . You answered my question with a question. I answered that but yet no answer to my inquiry..
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I have been sick for a few days. If you still needed help I would love to help you solve this.