Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician
Experience:  Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician
37243545

I have a 06 r5oo that has had every problem I can think of.

Customer Question

Michael, I have a 06 r5oo that has had every problem I can think of. Now the starter will start to crank and then stop. After waiting a few minutes it will start. The
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to talk to you on the phone. Does the engine die out while it is running or just have the problem not wanting to start? Is the engine warm when it has this cranking but not starting problem or does it happen first thing in the morning as well? A bad crankshaft position sensor will normally cause a problem of not restarting when the engine has been shut off for awhile or short time. Once the engine cools down enough, it will eventually restart. Does this sound like the problem you are having?