Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

The alarm on my ML350 has gone off 7 times on its own in the

Customer Question

Good morning. The alarm on my ML350 has gone off 7 times on its own in the last 12 hours. No apparent reason. It is raining pretty heavily outside and i drove through some flooded streets yesterday...maybe 6 to i0 inches of water. Could that have anything to do with it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** it is possible that water has found it's way into one of the control modules on the car. Leaving the car unlocked may keep the alarm from going off. The alarm is activated by the rear signal acquisition module. The module is located in the cargo area beneath the fuse box. It is very common for water to find it's way into the module. That is where I would expect to find the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

I've attached a picture of the module location below.