Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician
Experience:  Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician
37243545

My mercedes clkstarted a fewminutes ago i drove to me a

Customer Question

My mercedes clk(###) ###-####started a fewminutes ago i drove to me a friend turned off and now it turns over like it wants to start but want
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 1 year ago.

Does the engine still not start? If the engine eventually restarted then you probably have a bad crank position sensor. This sensor usually goes bad after you shut off a warm engine and then try and restart it shortly after. What happens is when the engine is shut off, it actually heat soaks the surrounding components raising their temperature since there is no airflow in the compartment now that the vehicle is not moving. The sensor is now hotter than normal and the small internal coil wire opens up causing no signal. This signal is critical for starting functions so usually after a while the sensor cools down and operates normally again. If the engine is still not starting, then you could have a fuel pressure issue and the fuel pump and/or fuse has gone out. Let me know what you find or if you still need help, thanks!