Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I cannot pull the back seat up to allow the back of the seat

Customer Question

i cannot pull the back seat up to allow the back of the seat to fold down
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can inspect for anything jammed into the seat latch or lock.In some cases debris build up in the seat latch or guides will cause this fault here and will need cleaned out and removed to correct this fault.If you are unable to locate or get to the latch or guides for the seat bottom where it is stuck let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As i see it, there is no cable to come off like the last model( 2008). I had no problem with that model except the poor design of the back seat belts that did not want to retract snd required replacement. I use the back seats infrequently. The car has only 20000 miles on it. The horizonal back seat had a simple pull up loop and a friction type male /female latch on the floor. Inoe have problems pulling up the passenger-side single seat. and the drivers-side double seat just will not bulge. No spills or trash involved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the horizonal seat HAS a simple pull up loop.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Is this the first time you have tried to pull up and release the seat on this model here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Both sides worked fine.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,unfortunately I do not see a way myself on how to release this when it is stuck or jammed.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete