Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician
Experience:  Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician
37243545

I have XENTRY ML320 and it drain battery but the battery is

Customer Question

Hi There, I have XENTRY for me ML320 and it drain battery but the battery is ok (dones the battery test) I'm not sure what course of the problem. is there any posiblity you can remotely loging and scan the car.. have teamViewer to loging to XENTRY machine.. Please advice
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 1 year ago.

No one will be able to remotely log in but that won't help me much any way. Do you know how to do a battery draw test or Quiescent current draw test on the battery? If not there are some common causes for battery drains on this model. The first are shorted tele-aid/phone call buttons located inside the center console. They can cause the phone module to try and make phone calls even though the car is off. The next thing I would do is to program the rear sam computer with the latest software. I would also make sure there is no water entry near the rear fuse box compartment or water in the battery compartment underneath the passenger front seat. If those are dry, I would replace the steering column module since these cause intermittent battery draws all the time. There is actually a service bulletin on them for this exact problem.

Let me know if you have any questions before you decide to rate me, thanks!