Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I just bought a c300 mercedes sport 2012. I reset all the

Customer Question

hello I just bought a c300 mercedes sport 2012 . I reset all the settings to remove the prior owners info. Now my back up camera won't work. How do I enable it?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My command control does not look like the one in the manual provided from mercedes. It has a control know and a back and forward button to get to functions. I can't get to the command function to enable the back up camera.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get to a menu that shows rear view back up camera/enable or disable as it states in the owners manual. Ive tried putting the smart key in position two as it suggests to get to this menu and nothing.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I need the 17 digit vin number to pull up the factory directions and schematics. Also, I need to know what it displays on the screen when you try to go to the backup camera function

Please remember that I am not there to view anything and rely on you for as much detail as possible

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric,
My VIN # ***** the 2012 Mercedes C300 is WDDGF88B0CR210985. When I put the car in reverse, the screen is either the radio, Nav. System, phone or any other device available to me. There is not anything that appears that has to do with the Rear backup camera. I tried using the owners manual and inserting the smart key in the ignition and placed it at position 2 as instructed and tried to get the the backup camera function to enable it and nothing was listed that had to do with the backup camera function. Thanks for getting back to me. I really hope we can rectify this problem. It was working fine until as I said I went to the system function to erase all the information the previous owner had on the vehicle so I could personalize it for myself. The other problem I am having is installing my iPhone onto the bluetooth system it won't accept it.Thanks again,Peter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry the vin # ***** ***** PUT ONE TOO MANY 8'S IN THE FIRST VIN SENT TO YOU.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Sorry for the delay. My software has crashed and tech support cant get it working, so I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help. Sorry about that