Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2003 Mercedes SL 500 that is completely dead. I did

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Mercedes SL 500 that is completely dead. I did not use the car in 4 months and did not have a trickle charger hooked up. Is it OK to jump the front battery? The front battery is 4yr. & 7 months old and the back battery is 3 1/2 yrs. old. The car has 34,000 miles on it. It's my 2nd home car, so it sits from time to time. I usually drive it about every 5 weeks but this time it was 4 months.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** you can jump start the car from the front battery. Do not attempt a jump start from the rear battery.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

If you cannot get the key to turn when connecting the jumpers to the front battery you will probably need to replace the rear battery or at least charge the battery. You can connect jumpers to both batteries as long as you jump start the car from the front.