Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Driver side and back windows are not working... I tried to

Customer Question

Driver side and back windows are not working... I tried to open my trunk manually and back windows went rolled down and no it won't go back up
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. What year make and model do you have ? At first thought your window switch assembly is at fault or a door control module but that depends on the model of vehicle you have , please let me know. Also if there is anymore information that you feel I should know like if anything in the interior had gotten wet recently. That kind of info would be a great help to get you a very accurate answer. :) thanks , Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2000 Mercedes s430... Nothing has gotten wet or damaged on the inside... My trunk would not open with me key fob so I manually opened it, and my back widows rolled down and now I can't get them back up.. Back windows opened automatically when I was trying to manually open the trunk

Ok sounds like the front drivers master window switch may be faulty. The best trick to try is to hold the key pointed at the little square at the drivers door handle. Hold lock button on the key fob while pointing the key at the square and keep holding the button. If the windows are open then they will automatically close when doing this. Or they will open if you hold unlock. Try this and tell me what does or does not happen.