Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

ON 2001 MERCEDES SLK 230 NO CRANK REPLACE K40 RELAY STILL

Customer Question

IM WORKING ON 2001 MERCEDES SLK 230 NO CRANK REPLACE K40 RELAY STILL SON CRANK
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** you checked power to the starter solenoid when turning the key to the start position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE PULSE MODULE STARTER LOCK OUT RELAY A POSSIBILITY
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE PULSE MODULE STARTER LOCK OUT RELAY A POSSIBILITY, NO POWER TO SOLENOID NO SIGNAL
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Yes the Pulse Module is the starter relay. You need to check your inputs to the module or just try a known good module. More than likely the module is faulty or you are not getting a terminal 50 signal to the module when you turn the key.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this. Please note that you must click on a positive rating for my help in order for me to receive credit from the website. I noticed that you have never rated any of the previous questions that you have posted therefore none of those experts were paid for helping you.

Marty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE PULSE MODULE STARTER LOCK OUT RELAY A POSSIBILITY, NO POWER TO SOLENOID NO SIGNAL I GET SIGNAL ON PINK AND RED WIRE AND VIOLET BUT NOT ON VIOLET AND WHITE WIRE, I SUSPECT THE MODULE BUT I BY PASS MODULE CAR CRANKS BUT DOES NOT START
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You should be getting a ground from the ECU on terminal A2 (small pink/red wire) of the pulse module when you turn the key to the start position.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE PULSE MODULE STARTER LOCK OUT RELAY A POSSIBILITY, NO POWER TO SOLENOID NO SIGNAL I GET SIGNAL ON PINK AND RED WIRE AND VIOLET BUT NOT ON VIOLET AND WHITE WIRE, I SUSPECT THE MODULE BUT I BY PASS MODULE CAR CRANKS BUT DOES NOT START WHEN I TEST FOR GROUND ON PINK RED WITH TEST LIGHT ENGINE CRANKS BUT DOES NOT START. I GET BATTERY VOLTAGE ENGINE ON AND IN THE START POSITION
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE PULSE MODULE STARTER LOCK OUT RELAY A POSSIBILITY, NO POWER TO SOLENOID NO SIGNAL I GET SIGNAL ON PINK AND RED WIRE AND VIOLET BUT NOT ON VIOLET AND WHITE WIRE, I SUSPECT THE MODULE BUT I BY PASS MODULE CAR CRANKS BUT DOES NOT START WHEN I TEST FOR GROUND ON PINK RED WITH TEST LIGHT ENGINE CRANKS BUT DOES NOT START. I GET BATTERY VOLTAGE ENGINE ON AND IN THE START POSITION CHECKING WITH VOLT METER AND CRANKS WHEN I USE TEST LIGHT. MEANING IM SUPPLYING THE GROUND FOR THE MODULE BUT THE ENGINE SHOULD START. I SEE A 100OHM RESISTOR IN THE MODULE IS THAT FOR THE KEY
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You have repeated yourself 5 times and never commented on your failure to rate any of your previous questions. I have no reason to think that you will rate this question either. I am going to opt out of this question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IM NOT GETTING THE SIGNAL FROM THE COMPUTER AND I WILL RATE YOU BUT IM IN THE SAME POSITION AS I STARTED. NO SIGNAL TO STARTER AND THERE IS NO GROUN SIGAL ON PINK AND RED WIRE
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to scan the engine and transmission control modules?

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

If the ECU does not recognize that the car is in park it will not let the starter turn. If the conductor plate in the transmission is bad or if there is a linkage problem it could cause the no crank.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE CODE THAT COMES UP IS P202C CAN MESSAGE FROM CONTROL MODULE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I REPLACE THE RELAY THA IS ON RIGHT HAN SIDE RELAY NUMBER(###) ###-####
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Can your scanner read fault codes and actual values in the DAS control module? It sounds like the DAS control module is bad or the key is bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CUSTOMER DOES NOT HAVE A SPARE KEY SO IM LOST HERE, IT TOLD HIM ON SATURDAY THAT IT WAS EITHER THE KEY OR THE K40 RELAY. I ASKED HIM FOR A SPARE BUT HE ONLY HAS ONE. HE SAID HE HAS NEVER ENCOUNTERED THIS SITUATION BEFORE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE TO GO WILL TEX IN THE MORNING
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You can either have the customer order a new key or you can replace the DAS control module and see if it will start. Also make sure that there is power to the module. Fuse 35 and 37 power the module. If your scanner can read the actual values of the drive authorization system you can see if the key is being recognized.