Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2000 ml320. There is an electric motor running

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2000 ml320. There is an electric motor running continuously under the hood, even with key off. I think its in the ABS unit because of its location (at or near end of steering column) and its noise changes significantly when brake pedal is pressed. Entire front of car gets amazingly hot (cant touch more than 2 seconds) after long periods of running. If you wait long enough, sometimes overnight, it stops, then may restart any day. Braking doesn't seem effected. I'm an electronics engineer and a good auto mechanic. Thank you very much!
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** the K25 relay in the fuse box under the hood on the passenger side and see if the motor stops. If it does then try replacing the relay and see if that cures the problem.

Let me know what you find out.

Marty