Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience:  25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.
62741268

How to reset service indicator on 2009 e300 and how to reset

Customer Question

how to reset service indicator on 2009 e300
and how to reset radio on same vehicle after battery failure .on radio states device unavailable
Everyone tells me get the code which I think I have but how to put it in if that s correct. Others say whole radio unit must come our and serial number on radio sent to MB for aa code
All ansuers from different dealers
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified automotive professional with over 25 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Reset Service Indicator

1. Insert key into ignition, switch to position “1“.

2. Press buttons or repeatedly until the mileage is displayed within the Multifunction display.

3. Press cluster illumination button (1) 3 times in short succession. The battery voltage will be displayed

4. Press the up / buttons until the service menu appears.

5. Use the and buttons to select menu option „Confirm“. 6. Press until “Complete Service” is selected.

7. Confirm “Complete Service” with button . The display will show “Service Confirmed

Radio Code>

Switch on the radio, "CODE" will appear on the display. Using the buttons on the alpha-numeric keypad, enter the five digit code. Confirm by pressing the "OK" key.
If an incorrect code has been entered and confirmed, "CODE" will reappear on the display. The correct code must be entered once again. If an incorrect code is entered three times, "WAIT" will appear on the display and the radio will be locked out for about 10 minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me call him as I know it is long distance
Just give me the number
Otherwise a total waste of my time as his answers or suggestions did not even come close to working
Not satisfied to say the least