Kevin
Kevin, Master tech
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I can lock 2001 slk 320 with remote but can not unlock with

Customer Question

i can lock 2001 slk 320 with remote but can not unlock with remote. Removed PSE pump and cleaned up the water from it and dried it up. what is causing it not to unlock with remote but lock. Lights do flash when press unlock but no function
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin the most likely cause is the pump if the lights are flashing the the car is receiving the signal and the output only comes from pump . The fact you have also had water damage which is also very common this is the most likely cause

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already had the idea that was the pump but since nothing worked before I opened and cleaned the pump and now only lock works figured it would be something like programming or else. I am not satisfied with the answer
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok I don't know how else I can help the pump will be the cause there is no other part that controls they are a common failure and you had water damage . Also you know the car is receiving signal .

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Also if the key wasn't programmed you would have no function and we know key works as lights indicate this .if the pump had lost programming then it would also loose all function. We know pump has correct circuits as it is functioning to a degree it has to be the pump no other option