Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I'm getting a start error on message my 1999 ml 320. the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****... I'm getting a start error on message my 1999 ml 320. the engine starts and cuts off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have not driven the car for a couple of days, and when I tried to start it this is whats happening.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, it sounds like your key may have gone bad. Do you have another key that you can try?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't... How can I get another key...
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You would need to order a replacement key from the Mercedes dealer. You can also try disconnecting the negative battery cable for an hour then reconnect the cable and see if it will start and stay running. If that doesn't work you can try disconnecting the cable for 24 hours and try it again.