Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

My rollover bar seems to be stuck in the up position, there

Customer Question

Hello, my rollover bar seems to be stuck in the up position, there is no sound when the rollover button is pressed up or down. Prior to it not working and becoming totally silent my vario roof would not function until I manually lowered the rollover bar with the switch. Also the rollover bar would not function till I pressed the button a few times. It was like everything was out of sync. No my top will not go down since my roll bar is stuck up. I tried the whole hold the button till you hear a click and then lower it but no sound.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Mercedes has released a service bulletin that deals with the type of problem you are having. I have enclosed it in the link below for your review. Take a look and see if this is the problem you are having. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Vario%20roof%20Oct%2017.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe my flaps are ok as nothing seems broken or bent, both flaps are flush and both micro switches for the flap closed position are pressed. Can you tell me where the 80amp blade fuse is for the rollover bar? I read a previous just answer response to someone else and the technician mention all the fuses involved, I was able to check and location all except for this 80amp blade fuse which he said was in the passenger footwell?? Where in the foot well. All I saw was the Bose audio equipment in there. I did unplug the battery at one point, I did resync my windows, do the seats need a resync as well?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The fuse is located in the under hood panel and should be marked. If the fuse checks okay then the next step is going to require scanning the system to determine what fault code and or codes are setting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying to get a refund but it appears the refund section of the site is forcing me to reply to you. Everything you told me was nothing I hadn't already looked at and there is no 80amp blade fuse in the fuse box under the hood, and definitely not labeled. Unless it's buried underneath all the small fuses?? At any rate no offense to you as you did the best you could I am sure, but I can't see paying 30.00 + dollars for my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was trying to avoid any negative remarks but this site is putting up tons of red tape to hold onto my 30 some odd dollars
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I will send in a refund report for you. You are not charged unless you rate the service . Any money you have paid remains your in your account. I will process the refund request for you now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can give thus another shit with a different question about the same vehicle, maybe I can get a usefull response for it and not need a refund????
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The refund order has been submitted. Which closes this question, if you wish to open a new question you are free to do so and it will require a new post. Sorry we where not able to help you with this one. Best to you and thank you just the same.