Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Marty. I am getting following error codes with my car on the

Customer Question

Hello Marty. I am getting following error codes with my car on the Infrared Remot Control for Central Locking - DTC Readout 4, 9, 10, 12, and 13. Can you please let me know what I need to do to correct these error codes. It a pleasure always working with
you !!
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Art, thank you for the bonus on the previous question. I really appreciate it.

On the fault codes. Code 4 and 9 don't really apply to this car. Code 12 and 13 indicate a stuck or shorted locking switch. What kind of problems are you having with the central locking? What has been done so far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Marty, The central remote does not work. It does not lock nor unlock the car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should say the remote fob does not lock nor unlock the car. I can lock and unlock all the doors from the trunk, I can lock and unlock all the doors from the inside by pressing the door lock.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Have you replaced the batteries in the remote? If you have I would like you to try the procedure below for synchronizing the remote.

Let me know if it works.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still does not work. I was doing some research and came across something that said point the transmitter to the receiver in the mirror. I'm not sure if you recall, but I was trying to connect a 1996 mirror into my 1992 body. Could the security system be missing the antenna, that's why it's not working. If that is the case, on the mirror connection which color wires are for the antenna on the mirror and from the body? I could hard wire connect them. Just a thought.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Art, I think you may be correct about the mirror. The 96 mirror probably won't work for the 92 because of the anti theft. Can you plug the old mirror back in and try synchronizing the remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunetly that part was in pieces that is why I needed to replace it. Is there possibly wiring diagrams for the 92 body connection and 96 mirror. I can then hardwire connect the remote as long I as know which wires they are.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you happen to have the wiring diagram?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Art, I don't see where there is a receiver in the mirror on the 92. Try this procedure instead.

Point the remote at a receiver in the door handle.

Press the button 1 time.

Lock or unlock the vehicle with the key within the next 30 seconds.

Let me know if it works.

Marty