Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

PETE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY 2008 MERCEDES S 550 IT SAYS

Customer Question

HI PETE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY 2008 MERCEDES S 550 IT SAYS DISC ERROR AND WONT DO ANYTHING THANKS
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for the delay.

If the command/radio is displaying this here or the screen and you cannot select radio or any other functions this can be a fault with the command/head unit itself.I have seen these fail before requiring replacement.In some cases you can have it reset or software reset/installed by a dealer to correct some faults with the command unit but I have seen quite a few needing replaced.

If the radio does function and it is just the cd part acting up the cd changer is a common component that will fail and cause this needing replaced.Unfortunately electronic failure/issues on these vehicles can be common with certain components and the command and cd changer are fairly common faults.

You can try and reset it yourself by removing the fuse for the command/radio/audio and see if this corrects the fault but if it doesn't the fault codes will need checked using either a scan tool or dealers sds machine to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed and will help locate and repair the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.