MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 2001 Mercedes s 430. The red light on the EC came

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Mercedes s 430. The red light on the EC came on, took it to a shop told me my compressor was bad, bought the kit and replaced the compressor. It is blowing all right but the light on the EC is still on. How do I get it off so I can get cold air?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** the system has been properly recharged you simply need to erase the fault codes in the climate control panel.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Click on the link below for a video I made of the procedure to do this without the factory scan tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPPenpU8zHU

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if it works for you.

Please remember to click on a positive rating for my help today :-)

Marty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not get what I asked for. I want the EC red light turned off. What do to turn it off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond to my question. What you sent me is to erase error codes. My EC light is on, I want to turn it off.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, did you see my reply about erasing the fault codes?

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You have to erase the codes in order to turn off the EC light.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that, the last time you and I had a conversation about this, you did not ask me to erase codes, you told me to press two buttons and it worked. It was the same issue.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

I'm not following you. I don't see any previous questions for you.

Are you saying that you already followed the procedure and the EC light remains on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is what I am saying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last year, I had the same problem, you asked me to press two buttons on the AC panel, and the light disappeared. It was not to erase codes.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I need you to perform the procedure in the video again and tell me if there are any fault codes still stored in the control panel. I'm going to be away for about an hour while I drive home. Let me know what you find and I will reply back later tonight.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the car with me, but I will do so tomorrow and will let you know.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we continue the conversation tomorrow without additional cost? I understand if it is a phone conversation there is an $18.00 fee.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You can stay in this chat mode with no additional fee. If you would like me to call you it's an additional $18.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let us resume tomorrow.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good. I'll wait to hear from you.