Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I have a cls550 2007 the red battery illumination light came

Customer Question

I have a cls550 2007 the red battery illumination light came on in my car I replaced the battery in the trunk I looked online and everybody's saying check the small battery under he cabin filter I look under my filter and nothing's there! What do I do to fix my car and make it drivable again?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The battery light in most cases come on due to a problem with the charging system and not the battery. In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some test which includes the alternator. I have enclosed the things to check in the link below, copy and past the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/ALt%20test%20Oct%2013.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright I will check out the alternator and see if that's the problem, I hope this fixes my issue, I was alarmed when I didn't see an auxiliary battery or a relay for it at first, hopefully that alternator is my problem because I still have a warranty for that
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The battery light is controlled by the alternator so yes, have the charging system tested .