Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have an 07 ML350 that is killing the battery and will not

Customer Question

I have an 07 ML350 that is killing the battery and will not allow me to communicate with OBD2. When battery is hot all is good but has some codes in ecm but will not let me communicate. Also when I got this vehicle it had the sunroof knocked out of it. I have replaced battery and sam under rh front seat. I have pulled the amp out from under the lh seat and what looks like suspension computer. Dealer here says can not communicate cause of central gateway module. Where is this located and does that sound like my problem? Thanks in advance!
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is Marty.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Yes this could be a gateway problem. The gateway is located on the driver's side front floor. I've attached a picture below.