Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2000 Mercedes Benz GL450 it won't start and all the

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Mercedes Benz GL450 it won't start and all the lights come on.. help??
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** is not clear whether the motor cranks but doesn't start or if the motor does not turn at all when you turn the key to the start position. If the motor cranks but doesn't start the common problems are loss of spark to the spark plugs or lack of fuel pressure or injector pulse. A faulty crankshaft sensor will cause a no spark situation and a faulty fuel pump can cause loss of fuel pressure. Testing needs to be performed to pinpoint the problem. If the motor does not turn at all when you turn the key the most common problem would be a faulty starter motor. A voltage test at the starter solenoid would need to performed to properly diagnose the problem. Other possibilities would be loss of the start signal to the starter caused by a faulty neutral safety switch in the transmission or a faulty transmission control unit. There are many possibilities and I will need more information from you in order to help you further.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please note that you must click on a rating my service in order for me to receive credit for helping you.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. Was my answer helpful?