Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a customer whose 03 C240 shifter will not let you

Customer Question

My name is***** have a customer whose 03 C240 shifter will not let you shift to rev or park after the doors auto lock, if you are stopped with the brakes on you can wiggle the shifter around and get it to release and go to park after that you have no more problems with it until you stop the car and shut it off and restart the car and drive until the locks set then again it will not let you to rev. or park.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello , first there is no correlation between the auto lock and the shifter interlock. I think you have a brake switch malfunction. Next time this happens see if you can tell if the brake lights are coming on when this happens. That will tell you for sure. Let me know. Lou

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Shift module was bad

Ok thanks for replying. It has been such a long time since I sent you the info. If you could rate my service I would appreciate it. If you cannot I can understand. If you need help in the future please request me I will always do my best to help.