Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

ALAN, ON MY 1999 C230 WHEN I PUT IN THE KEY IT WILL NOT

Customer Question

Customer: ALAN, ON MY 1999 C230 WHEN I PUT IN THE KEY IT WILL NOT TURN. THE TOWING LIGHT, THE LIGHT WITH THE CAR AND HOOK HAD BEEN FLASHING
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: MY SON IS BROKE DOWN OUT OF STATE. HE SAID THEY TRYED TO JUMP IT BUT NO LUCK
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** problem is typically caused by a bad key or a bad electronic ignition switch or electronic steering lock. Does your son have another key that he can try?

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?

Marty