Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2009 CLS-550 SOUND SYSTEM SHUTS OFF AND COMES BACK ON

Customer Question

2009 CLS-550 SOUND SYSTEM SHUTS OFF AND COMES BACK ON SEVERAL TIMES IN RADIO/OR CD MODE
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long befor answer to my problem...
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This usually indicates a fault with the command/radio head unit itself or one of the other components on its circuit/loop that is causing it to shut down and restart.If you have any other components acting up before this started to occur like sound cutting out (this can indicate the amp is causing this) or the cd's not playing in the cd changer (this can indicate the cd changer itself is the cause) then the component that started to act up first will need diagnosed and usually replaced.

If no other components are acting up the fault codes need checked using either a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in this vehicle or a dealers sds machine to locate and repair this.I suspect the command unit/radio itself is the cause needing replaced as this is usually most common.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete I just checked my computer and seen your reply, are you suggesting I need to get a total new radio/cd unit put in. also no other components were acting up this just started, if its a amp matter are you suggesting radio/cd sound my have blown a speaker causing amp problem are something along that line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, please see my last post and reply as soon as possible. Thank you.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.This needs done with either a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers or a dealers sds machine to be able to retrieve all codes from all computers.There will be at least one code set most of the time with this issue here and this code will help diagnose and pinpoint the fault here.

Basically this can be an issue with the radio/command unit itself on the dash but I have also seen components like the sound amplifier cause issues like this as well needing replaced.Most of the time this can be the radio/command unit needing replaced.

If you can get the codes checked and post the code info here this will help or have the codes read out then diagnosed this will help lead to and repair the fault here.

Thanks Pete