Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

How to engage, and disengage the 4wd on my 98 Mercedes Benz

Customer Question

How to engage, and disengage the 4wd on my 98 Mercedes Benz ML-320? I do not have an owners manual.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know if you got all the details as to why I am asking this question. I replaced a part on the dashboard that has two switches on it, the top one says: "LOW RANGE" and the bottom on has just pictures that look like lights, I do not know what the function of that one is. I assume the upper "LOW RANGE" means 4wd?. I drove the vehicle for the first time tonight after replacing that swith and noticed two lights are on. The upper one is red and the bottom one is white. I could not turn them off and I do not have an owners manual to know the function of these swithces, that ias why I asked about the 4wd.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** on the low range instructions below. Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light on my ML-320 is constantly on, glowing red, while the bot***** *****ght constantly glows white. Meaning that the two operations that the switch controls are both engaged or in the "ON" position. I will follow your instructions to disengage the "Low Range" later on this morning. But, what is the bottom switch for? and how do you disengage or turn it off?