cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I would like to bring a 2013 GM350 Bluetec (Canadian

Customer Question

Hi, I would like to bring a 2013 GM350 Bluetec (Canadian Version) from Canada to California and register it here.In order to be compliant I have to convert the TPLS system to TPMS. Also, I need to fix the instrument cluster to show miles. I found all parts for the TPMS system, however, I don't know if the car has the TPMS wiring, or if the wiring also needs to be installed. Can you advise?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I meant to say GL350 Bluetec, not GM350 Bluetec...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the VIN: 4JGDF2EE3DA156304
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i can help you out i will send you a service request as soon as you accept i will call you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's stick with the current plan. I believe I was already charged $31. Would you please help me with my question?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

the car has the wiring so it will not have to be rewired just get the parts and you are good to go

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. How about the instrument cluster - can it be adjusted to show miles, or do I need to replace it with a US version?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

it will have to be changed to a us version if you need anything else please let me know and be sure to rate my service when you get the chance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the list of part numbers I need to get the TPMS system to work?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i thought you had already found the parts

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought so as well. I thought I need 4 tire pressure sensors, 4 antennas and TPMS control unit, but today the Mercedes dealer told me he cannot see in his system antennas, he can only get sensors and control unit. Can you confirm what parts are needed for the 2013 GL350 TPMS system? Once I buy them, the dealer told me that I can't return them.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

you will need the control unit pressure sensors you shouldnt need the antennas as i am not showing any for them either in my system

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought the TPMS control unit. I'm going to Canada to see the car and install the TPMS control unit if the wiring is there. If all works OK, I'll let you know and close the case. Thank you!
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

not a problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just came back from Canada. Unfortunately, after I paid to the Mercedes dealer in Toronto $172.89 to check the car for wiring, he confirmed that there is no wiring. Here is comment on the invoice: "inspected and could not find wiring for n88 tpms control unit, checked under vehicle, there is mounting bolts but no wiring, checked wis and data card, checked intranet and tips, no retrofit information given..."