Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2004 ml 350 with a 2004 ml 320 hatch but the wiring

Customer Question

I have a 2004 ml 350 with a 2004 ml 320 hatch but the wiring doesn't add up there's different colours and 2 extra wires on the 320 hatch
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Does the 320 hatch have the same features as your 350 hatch, and are you positive it is a 2004 320 hatch?

Also, can you list the wiring colors on the 320 hatch for me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not positive it's a 2004 320 I'd have to contact the auto wreckers tomorrow. As to the features the 320 must have more features than my 350 because there is two extra wires that don't match the colours or numbers on my 350. The 320 wires are hard to see as they cut them close to the hatch. I could take pictures but I think the wiring diagram from both the 320 and the 350 would be what I need to see. I think the wiring might be wrong because the hatch locks won't lock but all other features seem to work. It's possible the hatch actuator might be broken and if so I can take one of the old hatch.but to be sure I'd like to make sure the wiring is correct because the 20 amp fuse under the hood has blown twice.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, so that we are not re-wiring according to thinking it is a 2004 and winding up with it being a different year, check on the year tomorrow and post the year, as well as the number of connectors on it and number of wires to each connector. From this, I should be able to post what you need to wire to what

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good
Thank you
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wonder if the easiest way to figure this out is by the Vin #. I have both of them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here they are. Would it be easier just to call the dealership tomorrow
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry but I am going to have to opt out. I have spent the day going thru all the wiring diagrams for both and am missing some of the connector pinouts needed to mate these up. If another expert has them, they will post them here. Again, sorry about that