Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have an clk 350 mercedes cabriolet. never had any problems

Customer Question

I have an clk 350 mercedes cabriolet. never had any problems with top before. when I try to open it, the instrument panel says trunk is open, but its not
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

hello, the issue will be with the trunk lid contact switch also known as s88/6 , the switch is internal to the trunk latch and the latch assemble will most likely need to be replaced if its not separate. some models they were not available separately. also the wiring from the lid to the body could have broken near the hinge area on the dirvers side, the wires usually bend and break due to the constant opening and closing of the trunk lid. hope this helps. the wire is a yellow wire coming from the latch to the hinge area.

Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.