Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2004 sprinter 2500. rear ac cold front ac warm. doesnt

Customer Question

hello
2004 sprinter 2500. rear ac cold front ac warm. doesnt matter if eng cold or hot
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello there is a actuator that needs to be replaced called a mode door actuator. It controls the temperature coming out of the vents. Since the rear ac is ok that means the system is charged and the compressor is working since both systems share the same compressor and lines. Part of the dash will need to come out for this to be replaced. It is somewhat of a medium difficulty job. Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need anything else. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you know how much freon it takes with rear AC ?

I would need your vin for that. You should have a sticker in the engine bay that tells you the quantity of freon both for single and dual ac. It should be about 2.5 lbs but don't quote me on that.

Also like I said if the rear is working then the freon should be fine. If it was low then the ac would make a howling noise and you would get some cold and some warm together.