Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I need the Mercedes instructions to replace the panoramic

Customer Question

I need the Mercedes instructions to replace the panoramic roof side rails on a 2003 E500. My VIN is WDBUF70J43A112850
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Below is some info I have located on this model here and I believe is the info you are looking for.If this is not the info you are looking for here on this let me know so we can continue.

AR77.21-P-0430T Remove/Install Panoramic Roof Drive Guide Rail - with CODE (413) Panorama sliding roof - with CODE (419) Solar module for panoramic roof

https://www.dropbox.com/s/znc5wyw4y70n5hc/roof-10-02-15.gif?dl=0

1 Remove panoramic roof drive 2 Push sun shade coupling (6) out of the guide rail (2) to the front NOTE: Note correct installation position. 3 Unscrew screws (5) 4 Pull guide rail (2) out of guide tube (1) until the drive cables (3, 4) are accessible NOTE: Note correct installation position.*****cable (4) out of guide tube (1) NOTE: Note correct installation position.*****cable (3) out of guide rail (2) and place guide tube (1) aside NOTE: Note correct installation position. 7 Install in the reverse order

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,I'm sorry to take so long to reply. I also need the steps for removing the headliner. I'm assuming that the shades and stuff need to come off and the glass is removed? I can't seem to get the full list of steps to get these parts replaced. I have been quoted 11.5 hours of labor to fix with parts that are over 1200. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to tackle this myself or possibly just sell the car. Can you give me step by step removal instructions from the beginning? And...yes, the file you sent and what you're showing me is similar to what I saw at the shop when he pulled up the instructions. Also, the file you sent is really grainy, can you send higher resolution images next time?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all the info I have on this here and the best resolution I can do on this.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete