Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

The starter moter in my 2004 S430 4matic turns over, but the

Customer Question

The starter moter in my 2004 S430 4matic turns over, but the key seems to "stick" in the start position, and the engine does not fire
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is Marty.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Your car has an automatic starting system. The computer will continue to operate the starter for 8 seconds in an attempt to start the motor. If the motor is not starting there is a problem with the fuel or ignition systems.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

The most common problems are a faulty crankshaft position sensor or a faulty fuel pump. There are many other possibilities but those are the two most common.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You will need to have a technician test the ignition system and fuel system to pinpoint the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to click on a rating for my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.

Marty