Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2003 s500 4 magic has all 4 new struts, and pump replaced

Customer Question

2003 s500 4 magic has all 4 new struts, and pump replaced last year. Now the car sits low and won't rise. Air pump is working. Valve block appeared to be issue but bench tested all cylinoids did work but when in car not working all fuses and relays good. Seems like pump is pumping but valve block is not opening to let air on and distribute
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. First thing I suggest is to remove a line from the top of one of the front struts and then start the car and feel if there is air present at the line when the compressor kicks in. That will determine if the valve block is actually allowing air to pass. I am willing to bet your compressor is faulty but there are a few checks we can do to test. Hope this information helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was the first thing I did was remove hose off Top of front strut. When no air was present I went to the valve block to test. Since it checked ok on bench I ordered the rebuild kit for compressor and the pressure switch. Should have parts today. When I contacted the outfit that supplied the compressor they stated That Usually once it's replaced the issue isn't that. Thanks for confirming what I thought.

Ok what else you can do is check the air intake on the compressor. What I have found is that when the compressor fails it will push air out of the intake instead of sucking in when operating. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.